Friday, March 9, 2018

Air France

The first Air France 'uniforms' were made up of a wardrobe inspired by the clothes worn by sleeping-car attendants, in keeping with the conventions of high-end hotels: a white jacket, navy trousers, a white cap and a collared navy spencer. Stripes and insignia served to highlight the crews' hierarchy, ensuring military order as well as a military style that male civil aviation uniforms retain even today.
In 1946, Air France organised the first competition to recruit hostesses. Having a uniform became essential. 
The fashion house Georgette Renal, chosen by hostesses, included a wardrobe of basic clothing items: a suit, a summer dress, and a coat. In 1951, with the airline experiencing great success, it chose the Georgette de Trèze fashion house to modernise and feminise its hostesses' appearance, and to convey the spirit of the 1950s, with beret.
Alas, the beret disappeared in 1962, when Marc Bohan (Dior) introduced the 'Air France' range into its haute couture collection. 

2 comments:

  1. When I need a piece of advice, I will find your posts and read them. To me, they are very useful. I can make use of advice to resolve my problems. Sometimes, I read articles to learn new knowledge. I hope I will add more posts. Thank you so much.
    aviation uniforms

    ReplyDelete