Saturday, February 3, 2018

Drugdealer

The End of Comedy is the debut album by Drugdealer, a new project conceived and conducted by Los Angeles artist Michael Collins (formerly of Run DMT, Salvia Plath) who guides a group of Angelenos through a whimsical world informed by Jean Baudrillard, social media perception, Sergio Leone’s spaghetti western vistas and Collins’ endless travels. 
Lovely to listen to, but Michael's view on berets... I don't know Below I quote from an interview with Michael Collins:
You’re one of the few people I’ve seen who can pull off wearing a beret. I’m in awe. How’d that happen?
It’s synonymous with being an artist. I’m also just trying to play a character of an artist in the places I go. It’s a way to connect with a certain level of frivolous intellectualism that’s really important to me. And also, berets look really good!
On some people...
Maybe those are the people I wanna hang out with. Turtlenecks and berets. What I’m doing for the next tour is, everyone in the band’s gonna be wearing like, an artist’s uniform.

No comments:

Post a Comment